This is sooooooo quick, soooooo easy and sooooooo healthy!! Its also very filling, and one of my hubby favourite dinners.
You will need:
- 4 eggs – whisked together with a fork
- olive oil
- an onion, chopped
- handful of mushrooms
- clove of garlic
- soy sauce
- runny honey
- cooked chicken sliced into bite size pieces (buy ready cooked chicken for even more of a speedy dinner, or cook your own)
- 300g pack of cauliflower rice
- small cup of frozen peas (I love edamame beans in here instead, but hubby not so keen)
This will serve 3 people a good size portion as a main meal or you could stir fry some veg separately as an accompaniment and that would deliver a tasty filling meal for 4 people .
- Pop some olive oil in a frying pan and once hot, add the eggs and scramble them until they are no longer soft and runny. Place aside in a bowl for later
- Add some more oil to the pan, and when hot, fry the onions, garlic and mushrooms, ensuring they don’t burn
- Add a good slug of soy sauce to the onion, garlic and mushrooms, and then a squirt of honey, stirring at all times
- Now add the cooked chicken. I cooked my own chicken breasts by slicing (butterfly) them and cooking in the pan with some coconut oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper, but you can buy ready cooked chicken breasts for super quickness. I cooked my own then I had some left over chicken ready for tomorrow! P for Planning!
- Now add the pack of cauliflower rice (or buy a cauliflower and blitz it in the food processor yourself, but this is all about ease and quickness!) and stir into the pan for about a minute until it is coated by the honey and soy mix
- Add the frozen peas (or edamame beans) and stir for a couple of minutes
- Add the scrambled eggs from earlier and give a good stir for about a minute
- Serve immediately. You may want to add a splash of soy sauce and cracked pepper to your bowl